Skip to main content

JavaScript Project Study:Four Steps To Build A Simple Guessing Number Game


So far I have learned some basic JavaScript language such as conditional keywords, logical operators, and built-in methods.

Today, we will build a simple guessing number game by applying those JS basic language.

Basically, the game is ask user to guess a number, if the number is match to the secret number, they win the game. If not, they will have to try again.

Step One: Create a simple HTML page and Link to the JS file

I start to build a simple HTML page and give a title "Guessing Game" for it. Then, I create a separate JS file named "game.js", and link to the HTML page.


Step Two: Create Secret Number and Prompt Question

In the JS file, I start to create a secretNumber which is 6. Six is a lucky number in China which means everything goes well as you wish.


Then I ask a prompt question:"Guess A Number", so user will enter a number.


Step Three: If users enter the right number, they will receive a message

It is conditional, so I use if keyword. Since the variable "guess" is a string type value, it won't equal to the number value "secretNumber". Therefore, we need to convert the string to number by writing Number(guess) === secretNumber.


Then, I create a alert message to tell the users that they guess right.

Step Four: If the number is too high or too low, guess again.

I use a else if keyword to set the Number (guess) is greater than secretNumber. And I also write the else keyword which set any number lower than secret number condition.


If a user guesses a higher number, it will alert him to try again. 

If a user guesses a lower number, it will alert him to try again.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIT Study Note: Six Git Commands You Should Know!

What is Git? According to Git website , Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Basically, we can use Git to track all of changes and revert them back if we made mistakes. The version control system is a way for us to work with different versions of our code, so that we can save different features and make notes as we progress. It is also very useful for team collaboration. Six Git Command You Should Know 1. Git Init In our server, we need to create a "Git" directory and inside of "Git", we make another direcory "git_inro". Then, we add a file "app,js" in the "git_intro" folder. The first thing we need to run is "git init" . When we run git init, it will make a directory which is hidden called ".git". Wherever I run that git init command, it's going to track all of our changes. ...

Intermediate Express.js: How To Render HTML From A EJS File?

The Express.js apps we have developed so far are just simply getting requests from users and sending matched message back to them. However, it is not what we want in the real web application. In most case, we want to send back a relevant web page when our app receives request from user. In order to do that, we need to npm install ejs file in the Express, create HTML page in the ejs file, and render HTMl from the ejs file. I know it sounds confuse now. I am going to explain more details in the example. EJS stands for embedded JavaScript. It lets us embed JavaScript code variables if statements loops inside of HTML. How to render HTML from a EJS file? Step One: Create a HTML page in EJS file Firstly, in our server, we create a folder named "EJSDemo". In this folder, we touch two files, one is "app.js", and the other one is "home.ejs". We are going to write a simple HTML code in the "home.ejs" file. The instructor create a dog page,...

Express Study Notes: Five Steps To Develop My First Express App

In the last post, I shared my study note about one of the most important reason that Node is very popular is because Node has the largest package ecosystem of open source libraries in the world. Node's NPM, the package manager for Javascript, contains almost 200,000 packages which are centralized on the NPM website. And more importantly, NPM has a command line tool which help us to install packages really easily. The course instructor told us that we are going to learn Express.js to develop Apps in this course. screenshot for the Express.js.com homepage What is Express.js? Express.js is a web development framework. According to the course, framework is a bunch of code that someone else wrote just like a library is except when we use a framework, we have less control. The goal of using this framework is to make our development of APPs faster. Why do we use Express.js? 1. It is the most popular Node web development framework so far. 2. It is a very lightweight ...