Skip to main content

My Story: A Mommy Start To Learn Code From Zero


From Google Image


I am not a programmer, and I thought I would never become one. Everytime I see someone is coding, I think he or she must be very talent. 

For me, coding is a very difficult subject to learn. Not only the language has so many rules, but also the logical reasoning behind the language is complex. 

In my graduated school, I knew many friends who didn't have any coding background, but they are doing programmer or developer jobs now. Some of them went to school to study coding, and some of them  learned to code by themselves. Their stories are so impressive. 

I wasn't ready to learn code until I finished my first Chinese book "留学,我的青春呀!" recently. I always want to be a writer and write my own book. I started writing blog three years ago, and I updated my post two to three times every week. As I enjoyed writing , I started to get some followers, likes, and good comments on my blog. Then, I decided to plan my first book.

My First Book 


In 2017, I was pregnant, and I was so excited. At the same time, I was also feel nervous and pressure. After my baby came out, I would never have enough time to write my book. In order to accomplish my book, I had to push myself to write at least 4 hours everyday. After spending 5 months on writing, I finally finished my first draft. At that moment, I felt so relief.

After my baby was born , I spent all my time on taking care of this little one. I was too tired to revise my draft. I felt so upset and even depressed at that time. I love my baby as much as I love writing. I didn't want to give up. That book is also my baby.

Thanks God. My baby is such a good boy. After three months, he slept twice in daytime and slept whole night. So, I could revise my book during his sleep time. 

As the baby grows, his nap and sleep time changes. Then, I changes my writing time, too. Day after day, month after month, my book was finally finished and published on Jian Shu and Lofter, where are two popular Chinese blog platforms.

If I can push myself to finish my book, why can't I push myself harder to learn coding? 

So I bought a bootcamp course on Udemy, and started to learn to code as a beginner. In this blog, I would like to share my learning note, thought, feeling, and even mistakes during my study journey.

I don't know whether I can become a programmer or not at the end. It doesn't matter. My goal is to push myself to learn something new and hopefully can have basic coding skills and build a simple website.
 
Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GIT Study Note: Six Git Commands You Should Know!

What is Git? According to Git website , Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Basically, we can use Git to track all of changes and revert them back if we made mistakes. The version control system is a way for us to work with different versions of our code, so that we can save different features and make notes as we progress. It is also very useful for team collaboration. Six Git Command You Should Know 1. Git Init In our server, we need to create a "Git" directory and inside of "Git", we make another direcory "git_inro". Then, we add a file "app,js" in the "git_intro" folder. The first thing we need to run is "git init" . When we run git init, it will make a directory which is hidden called ".git". Wherever I run that git init command, it's going to track all of our changes. ...

Intermediate Express.js: How To Render HTML From A EJS File?

The Express.js apps we have developed so far are just simply getting requests from users and sending matched message back to them. However, it is not what we want in the real web application. In most case, we want to send back a relevant web page when our app receives request from user. In order to do that, we need to npm install ejs file in the Express, create HTML page in the ejs file, and render HTMl from the ejs file. I know it sounds confuse now. I am going to explain more details in the example. EJS stands for embedded JavaScript. It lets us embed JavaScript code variables if statements loops inside of HTML. How to render HTML from a EJS file? Step One: Create a HTML page in EJS file Firstly, in our server, we create a folder named "EJSDemo". In this folder, we touch two files, one is "app.js", and the other one is "home.ejs". We are going to write a simple HTML code in the "home.ejs" file. The instructor create a dog page,...

Express Study Notes: Five Steps To Develop My First Express App

In the last post, I shared my study note about one of the most important reason that Node is very popular is because Node has the largest package ecosystem of open source libraries in the world. Node's NPM, the package manager for Javascript, contains almost 200,000 packages which are centralized on the NPM website. And more importantly, NPM has a command line tool which help us to install packages really easily. The course instructor told us that we are going to learn Express.js to develop Apps in this course. screenshot for the Express.js.com homepage What is Express.js? Express.js is a web development framework. According to the course, framework is a bunch of code that someone else wrote just like a library is except when we use a framework, we have less control. The goal of using this framework is to make our development of APPs faster. Why do we use Express.js? 1. It is the most popular Node web development framework so far. 2. It is a very lightweight ...